The DFX series of ultrasonic flow meters is designed for high accuracy volume measurement of crude oils and other liquid hydrocarbons.
The M&T Ultrasonic Flow Meter is based on the principle of transit-time difference measurement. A pair of ultrasonic transducers, one located upstream and the other downstream, send pulsed waves in the liquid and an electronic converter measures the difference in transit time between the wave travelling upstream to downstream and the one travelling downstream to upstream. This difference is an accurate measurement of the average velocity of the liquid along the ultrasonic path.
- Highest accuracy (up to 0.1%)
- 32 beams design provides the best redundancy
- Smallest volume requirement to achieve fiscal type repeatability
- Compact provers and Ball provers compatible
- Works with BSW from 0 to 100%
- Has been successfully tested with GVF of more than 20%
- Heavy oil: no need for big reducing nozzle inside meter body
- Calibration on products at 3rd party at the best laboratories (example: Trapil lab uncertainty 0.043%)
- Can be used without a flow conditioner
- 3D flow profile visualization for best diagnostics
- Calibration performance monitoring unique feature
- Condition Based Monitoring (CBM) available (smart diagnostics)